Come and join us for this afternoon live stream of delicious Christmas cooking with Rachel Allen. There's nothing better at this time of the year than being in a warm, cosy kitchen, learning how to make Christmas dishes that will become new family traditions. Discover recipes that you can cook ahead of time so that you can enjoy time with the family, entertain friends and bring new flavours to the festive table.
Why not make it the most wonderful time of the year for the cook in your family by giving them this course as an early Christmas gift? Recipes and tastings included.
What you’ll learn
- The skills and knowledge to make a selection of delicious recipes featuring fresh, seasonal Irish produce.
- A variety of essential techniques that you’ll use again and again in your own kitchen.
- A pack of all the recipes that you will use on the course will be provided for you to use in class and take home afterwards.
- There will be three demonstration sessions, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Our teachers will share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques.
- Students can ask questions and will have the opportunity to taste the dishes at the end of the demonstration.
- You will have two practical, hands-on sessions in the kitchens, where you will cook between two and four dishes from each demonstration. With a high teacher-to-student ratio of 1:6, there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience.
- There is the opportunity to let your teacher know if there are specific techniques, as seen in the demonstrations, that you’d like to master.
Good to know
- Breakfast and lunch are included and you will eat at the Cookery School alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners.
- While you are on the course, you will have the opportunity to watch the cows being milked in the micro-dairy, visit the bread shed to see sourdough loaves being made and gather produce for the day’s cooking alongside our gardeners.
- Our shop will be open for further inspiration: discover new cookery books, kitchen equipment and the best quality ingredients
- There is the option of self-catering accommodation in shared cottages available at the Cookery School for this course. Ballymaloe House may also have rooms available