Suitable both for the newly-diagnosed coeliac, who has never baked before, as well as the more experienced cook. This course is ideal for those on a gluten-free diet who face the dilemma of longing to taste ‘real’ food. You’ll learn about a whole range of tasty and easy-to-prepare dishes. Suddenly, cooking for coeliacs will become a pleasure not a chore. Advice on alternative ingredients and lots of baking tips will help take the mystery out of successful gluten-free cooking
“I really enjoyed the demonstration - it was great fun and very informative.Not only was it informative about GF cooking but it was full of useful and interesting 'cheffy tips' Impressive how much you were able to demonstrate in the time. ” Student feedback
What you’ll learn about
- A Great Selection of Delicious Gluten Free Dishes
- Focaccia with Rosemary and Sea Salt
- Little Gluten-Free Oat Loaves
- Ashura Cereal
- Rosemary Kearney's Chicken and Coconut Laksa
- Penny’s Gluten-Free Wrap
- How to Line a Flan Ring
- Almond Bakewell Tart
- Chocolate and Coconut Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Slice
- Chocolate and Almond Cake
- Rory’s Pistachio Cake with Raspberries, Lemon or Lime Basil
- and Rosewater Cream
- Sweet White Scones
- Cashew Butter Cup Cookies
- Date and Banana Muffins
- We will run through the importance of knowing whats in your ingredients and where to source gluten-free ingredients.
- Learn about when you can substitute a gluten-free alternative in a dish.
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- How to make your food look as good as it tastes
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions throughout the live stream demonstration.
Good to know
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• We run this course several times a year.